“Until I started taking my antidepressants, though, I didn’t actually know that I was depressed. I thought the dark staticky corners were part of who I was. It was the same way I felt before I put on my first pair of glasses at age 14 and suddenly realized that trees weren’t green blobs but intricate filigrees of thousands of individual leaves; I hadn’t known, before, that I couldn’t see the leaves, because I didn’t realize that seeing leaves was a possibility at all. And it wasn’t until I started using tools to counterbalance my depression that I even realized there was depression there to need counterbalancing. I had no idea that not everyone felt the gravitational pull of nothingness, the ongoing, slow-as-molasses feeling of melting down into a lump of clay. I had no way of knowing that what I thought were just my ingrained bad habits — not being able to deposit checks on time, not replying to totally pleasant emails for long enough that friendships were ruined, having silent meltdowns over getting dressed in the morning, even not going to the bathroom despite really, really, really having to pee — weren’t actually my habits at all. They were the habits of depression, which whoa, holy shit, it turns out I had a raging case of.”
Do you see those trees? There are leaves. There are leaves.
do you ever write a message but halfway through you think “you know what fuck it they dont even care” and delete it
It’s said that 90% of people will see the same word first. Don’t cheat! Type the first 3 words you see in the comments and then look and see what everyone else saw!
Popularity money success bitches!
youth intelligence love
I’m already at stage 2 — I’m just pretty ninja about it.
maybe not so ninja - i found the giant pot of corn water.
Aaaaaand this is why I’m back AGAIN cleaning up.
if you’re cleaning because you have too, i’ll send a harsh cease and desist letter.
Bring it. I do what I want. (That’s a lie but you can’t stop me anyway because you’re like, 30 minutes away.)
“COMPLIMENTS THAT AREN’T ABOUT PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
1) You’re empowering.
2) I like your voice.
3) You’re strong.
4) I think your ideas/beliefs matter.
5) I’m so happy you exist.
6) More people should be listening to what you have to say.
7) You’re a very warm hearted person.
8) It’s nice seeing such kindness.
9) You’re very down to earth.
10) You have a beautiful soul.
11) You inspire me to become a better person.
12) Our conversations bring me a lot of joy.
13) It’s good to see someone care so much.
14) You’re so understanding.
15) You matter a lot to me.
16) You’re important even if you don’t think so.
17) You’re intelligent.
18) Your passion is contagious.
19) Your confidence is refreshing.
20) You restore my faith in humanity.
21) You’re great at being creative.
22) You’re so talented at ____.
23) I don’t get tired of you the way I get tired of other people.
24) You have great taste in ___.
25) I’m happy I stayed alive long enough to meet you.
26) I wish more people were like you.
27) You’re so good at loving people.”
– (via poursomelesbianhotsauceonit)
If you are driving a vehicle…
use your turn signal
Use your turn signal
Use your turn signal
USE YOUR TURN SIGNAL
USE YOUR GODDAMN FUCKING TURN SIGNAL
IT’S NOT JUST A RANDOM OOOOOoOoOoOO WHAT DIS DO, DIS FLIPPER SWITCH STICK THINGY WAT A NEAT CAR DECORATION
as a cyclist i COMPLETELY FUCKING AGREE